Lifelong learning is crucial in the evolving work environment; the tools are getting better and more accessible. Here are examples:
- Internet user growth rose 7 percent in 2017, down from 12 percent the year before.
- People are spending more time online: U.S. adults spent 5.9 hours per day on digital media in 2017 (3.3 of those hours on mobile).
- Freelance work is becoming more common.
- Tech companies are facing increasing pressure over privacy issues.
- Voice-controlled devices are taking off.
- E-commerce is exploding: it grew 16 percent in the U.S. in 2017.
- Smartphone unit shipments are stagnating.